3 Fredonia grads chosen for esteemed San Francisco opera programSingers will attend Merola Opera Program ...
‘Love’s Passionate Fire’ breathes new life into Shakespeare’s sonnetsKelli Bocock-Natale has created a charming original play ...
BPO’s new pops season has tributes to Nat ‘King’ Cole, ABBA, the BeatlesAppearances by new principal pops conductor John Morris Russell are sure to be season highlights ...
By Jeff Miers » 12:01 AM
Time and again, many Americans have proved that they favor the symbol over the thing being symbolized. Our politics is enthralled with symbolism, much of it empty. Our pop culture (and popular music in particular) also loves a good symbol. This is not always a bad thing. Symbolism abounds in literature, and the idea is... Read More
Bona triumphed over George Washington, 64-57, and here's who was on hand to... Read More
By Ben Siegel » Saturday, February 13, 2016
That Chris Botti and his jazz ensemble played on the coldest night this year, thus far, did not go unnoticed. The world-famous trumpeter touched down for a repeat performance with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra on Saturday night, just in time for... Read More
By Dan Herbeck » Saturday, February 13, 2016
One by one, they’re leaving us.The talented musical stars who helped make the 1960s and 1970s so much fun are dying off – David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Paul Kanter and Maurice White, just over the past few weeks. They won’t easily be replaced.That is... Read More
Saturday, February 13, 2016
Hips shook and confetti fell during Sugar City Soul Night on Friday in Milkie’s on Elmwood. The reoccurring retro dance party featured sets by Handsome Dan, The Good Reverend Johnny Drama and two... Read More
Saturday, February 13, 2016
The UB Bulls were blown out by the Ohio Bobcats, 94-75, Friday night at UB Alumni Arena.... Read More
By Robbie-Ann McPherson » Friday, February 12, 2016
A good chick flick delivers both escape and empathy to its target female audience – the movie star version of you gets dumped (by a movie star version of the last guy who dumped you), then your movie star version does some soul-searching or gets a... Read More
- The 10: Valentine's Day, Anti-Valentine's Day and fish fries
- Passion plates: Where to find local aphrodisiac dishes
- Raising the 'candy bar' at Blue Table Chocolates
- Share Kitchen replacing BillyBar in Williamsville
- Just Pizza gets into the spirit of Valentine's Day
- Cast provides character for underwritten ‘I Do, I Do’
- Shakespearean sonnets come to life on New Phoenix stage
- 50 years ago: Springville's Jack Yellen remembers 'Last of the Red Hot Mamas'
- Paul Robeson stages pivotal moment in boxing, civil rights history
- Mark Snyder’s ‘Auto-Cannibalism’ finds nostalgia in masculinity
- Echo Art Fair to host preview exhibition in New York City
- Burchfield Penney highlights monumental works of Jack Drummer
- Dreamland's 'Bodily Echo' navigates complex issues of memory, race